[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:41:41 UTC 2008

2008/7/18 Stephen Bridges <widget at stdin.co.uk>:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2008 04:38:11 Ray Lischner wrote:
>
>> Having unstripped binaries helps a little, but is not necessary.
>>
>> And because you have identified a period when the backend is not busy
>> recording, I recommend forcing a restart during that period--as a
>> temporary workaround.
>
> I'll try running this at some point.  EIT gathering is normally 3m or so after
> the card is freed?  I think it's a var in the cfg.  Currently any crashes
> occur during the day and I have Monit set up to automatically restart, so
> that's good enough for me atm.

As an update, I've been running without active EIT for the past 3 days
(passive EIT only), and mythbackend memory usage is now flat, rising
only during recordings before falling back again afterwards (approx
RSS 27MiB, VSZ 276MiB). I'll try and run under valgrind over the
weekend sometime to see if I can see anything when active EIT is
enabled.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: