[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Fri Jul 18 15:54:57 UTC 2008

(Apologies for fanning the flames, thought I'd stick in my $0.02 once, and then ignore the
thread again)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:43:13AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Not all video recordings moved via p2p protocols are copyrighted by TV
> networks or whomsoever.
Indeed - but how many judges and/or reporters comment on that when something gets to court?

> If you want to put down copyright violation, go right ahead.
> But don't tar p2p with that brush, please.
I don't think anyone is claiming that it /is actually true/ that 100% of p2p traffic is
illegal.  Hell, I play World of Warcraft - and therefore got about 25MB of patches via p2p
just yesterday.

The problem here is that people are arguing from two totally different standpoints.

Technically - there is no real problem with having p2p functionality within the application.