[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Fri Jul 18 13:04:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:01 AM, Will <will at st0rage.org> wrote:
> That was my point; both functions have an illegal and legal purpose
> depending on how you use it.
>
> If you have one, why be afraid of the other?

Howdy Will,

As has already been explained, it is because of the amount of the
focus on "those evil file sharers" by media companies lawyers.  They
sue people that don't even have computers - what makes you think they
are going to take the time to differentiate people using BT legally?
And I promise that they won't hesitate to smear the project name by
adding it to a list of "bad programs" if they find even one person
using it illegally.

BTW, please don't top post.

Have fun,

   Marc