[mythtv-users] Remote not working after suspend to RAM

Sebastian Buks sebastianbuks at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 09:43:02 UTC 2008

I use a separate frontend/backend and the frontend I would like to
suspend to ram. Now I have resolved all the issues with other hardware
not working after a wake up but there is one piece missing. The
frontend seems to loose its connection to LIRC, and I have to restart
the frontend upon every wake up in order to get it to react to remote
control actions. Is there any solution to get the frontend to
reconnect to LIRC without having to restart it? Would be very nice as
the box would then seem totally dedicated. The mythlcdserver seems to
reconnect/stay connected during the whole process.

Regards Seb