[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 04:13:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:04 PM, KH Chai <khchai at ceedtec.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if MythTV support BitTorrent or P2PTV?  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the cut and paste, but I what I wrote in Nov '06 is still valid today:

 Just a heads up.

This list does NOT support or condone rebroadcast of recorded
materials via the public web or torrents. This means that any talk of
integrating BT clients into MythTV, or seeding Myth recordings is
STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

Isaac has been very clear on this and most of the community is in
agreement. The reasons for this position should be clear enough to
anyone in the US, and that's where most Myth users are. The same
reasons apply in many other countries as well.

If you want to give it a go, you're welcome to; it is open-source. But
there is not and will not be any official support for this type of
thing. And discussions about it should be taken off list.