[mythtv-users] HDTV single-station for living room: Hardware buying list

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Thu Jul 17 12:08:37 UTC 2008

> Thank you for the hint to the Antec case. Unfortunately, this case does
> not
> feature a card reader, and also does not provide a bay for an internal
> card
> reader (unless you skip the DVD/blu-ray drive). The Silverstone has a card
> reader built-in.

How often do you need the card reader?  The case has front mounted USB
ports, could a USB card reader work for you?

> Further, I am curious about the energy efficiency of the power supply. I
> checked over 100 shops to deliver me a silver-class 80plus power supply,

If you are interested, I can measure the power used by my system tonight.
I have an inline WattHour meter.

> Thanks for thinking about this use-case, but it is not relevant for me. My
> typical behavior would be: record, watch, delete.

Most of the space used in my system is for storing DVDs so they are
readily available.  I have ripped about 350 so far.