[mythtv-users] no live tv

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:51:31 UTC 2008

2008/7/16 Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com>:

> Has anyone running ubuntu/mythbuntu experienced similar problems in the last
> day or so?  I download updates daily, and usually install them daily, and
> that has served me well for the last year or so (of course, the 8 of the
> last 12 months were running on 7.04 and 7.10).  Is this just a new lesson
> for why I should be constantly paranoid and terrified about updates?

I've no advice, I'm afraid, but I have a Mythbuntu 8.04 system;
combined front and back-end.  I took updates yesterday after work, and
the box has been behaving normally since.

In the past, I've applied updates on all my platforms comfortably, but
I've been punished a couple of times (coincidentally) in the last
couple of weeks.  If your machine is running fine, and there are no
outstanding issues you need resolved, and you have no security
concerns, I'm really not sure what updates offer you except some admin
work and some (slight) risk.

Good luck

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine