[mythtv-users] Update Video Manager NFS Performance

Will will at st0rage.org
Thu Jul 17 11:13:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu Hardy with MythTV. My MythTV uses NFS to store
recordings/video on my fileserver on the same LAN (10/100).

When doing the 'Update Video Manager' (I have it set to automatically
update this list every time I go into 'Video List' or 'Video Gallery')
the performance is very slow. It can take several minutes!

Is this doing something other than grabbing the contents of the
directory?  If so, how can I disable this?

Find shows that I don't have too many files (and find grabs the
folders/files very quickly)

time find /var/lib/mythtv/videos/nfs/ | wc -l
1918

real    0m0.293s
user    0m0.012s
sys     0m0.052s

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? I feel that
this needs a load screen, it can take so long.

This is on an Athlon X2 4400+ with 2GB of RAM.

Thanks!

-Will