[mythtv-users] MythMusic Playlists Based on Directory Structure

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Jul 17 04:03:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 02:26:03AM +0000, moodyjunk at frontiernet.net wrote:
> I want to generate playlists based on my directory structure (all mp3s
> inside a particular directory subtree) but can't find a way to do that
> in MythMusic.  Any suggestions?
>
> I see  in the forums tools to convert m3u playlists to MythMusic
> playlists but I don't know what tool to use generate these m3u
> playlists.  Suggestions?

Try find.

An m3u playlist is little more (if anything) than a list of files.

Had a small script that did just this, did all the slicing and dicing,
and setup some directories where it all got shoved into. The end result
was a WindowMaker menu structure with all of the Genre/Artist/Album
playlists setup.

...long before Amarok.