[mythtv-users] Digital Satellite Dish and C-Band to Myth?

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Wed Jul 16 10:04:05 UTC 2008

> Has anyone successfully used an old Digital Satellite dish like one
> you would get for DishTV to receive C-band or Ku-Band TV?

I doubt you could receive C-band on a DishTV dish, it's way to small.

You might be able to use if for KU-band FTA satellites, but normally you
want a motorized dish so you can move it to different satellites.  You
might as well buy a dish that includes the motor, rather than trying to
hack a dishnet dish.
The tiny cost savings(if any) isn't worth the hassle