[mythtv-users] roku 360

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:36:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:

> It would require a closed source plugin to mythtv.  This would be
> against the GPL license (unless you were VERY creative in your
> packaging...) and certaintly against the wishes of the myth devs.
>
> You could likely get onto the SDK program and build a closed source
> linux program which integrates through a menu option....

I would just be happy with a browser plugin from Netflix for Firefox that
would allow viewing of the web streamed Watch Now movies in the browser.  I
can launch Firefox fullscreen from Myth to provide the "experience".  But
then, if they add Hulu to the Roku box, I'm probably buying it anyways
because I don't care if I have to switch an input on my TV to view the
content, I just want to watch it.

Kevin