[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:01:37 UTC 2008

2008/7/15 Stephen Bridges <widget at stdin.co.uk>:
> On Friday 11 July 2008 15:36:51 Andrew Williams wrote:
>
>> Similar issues here, Seems to be a leak only while recording, but I
>> use EIT and XMLTV to mix and match channels. I think I have about
>> 30-40 channels that are EIT.
>>
>> > Operating System:
>> > =================
>> > Gentoo  - Pentium 4 (without HT) 1GByte Ram.
>> > Kernel  - 2.6.24-gentoo-r8
>> > TV-Card - Teratec Cynergy DVB-C Card
>>
>> Very similar here, Gentoo 2008.0, 2.6.24-gentoo-r8, Athlon64 3200+,
>> 1GB Ram, 3 DVB devices, two in active use.
>>
>> > MythTV Version
>> > ==============
>> > Source: Trunk
>> > Revision: 17733
>>
>> MythTV Version   : 17435
>> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
>> Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
>
> Mine is very similar, 40 channels of EIT & xmltv grabbing, only recording 1-2
> dozen programmes a week.

Try disabling active EIT scanning. I disabled it late this afternoon
and have not (yet) seen the continual growth in RSS memory usage as
that indicated in the graph I posted earlier in the thread. I'll leave
active EIT disabled for the next few days and then post an updated
graph showing the current pattern of memory usage. I still get EIT
data passively, so it should show whether it's specifically the active
scanning that is causing the memory growth.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: