[mythtv-users] Mythtv Migration

C D Waddell cdwaddell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:53:01 UTC 2008

I was having an issue with my server and had to migrate to a new myth-tv
backend box. So I followed the directions at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 , I installed the exact
same version of mythtv onto my new system (the latest unmasked Gentoo
version) but when I ran the commands:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < record.sql

and

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < recorded.sql

I got the error:

ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 24: Column count doesn't match value count at row 27

I know that I could have avoided this by issuing the mysqldump -c command
for the export of the data, but this wasn't in the documentation and I
didn't think about it until after my old box was inaccessible. Is there
anything that I can do to get these two tables into my new system? Is there
a place I can go to look at the database schema changes to determine what
columns no longer match?

Thanks,

CD Waddell