[mythtv-users] Technisat Airstar 2 stopped working

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Jul 15 04:56:17 UTC 2008

Taan Lindemans wrote:
>  >Can you plug the antenna into a television
>
> The analogue TV has a pretty clear picture connected up to the antenna.
>

>  >besides the signal strength reported by myth-setup.
>
> I also ran tzap with the correct channels and it reports a good signal
> strength but 0 SNR.
>
> taan

> This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
> intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
> Although this email is believed to be free of viruses, CryoLogic
> accepts no responsibility for any consequences arising from its receipt
> or use.

So, you say you moved house, but not far enough away that you would be
in a different market?  So you should still be getting the same channels
as before?

How far are you from the broadcast towers you are trying to receive?
Have you checked antennaweb.org or tvfool.com to get an estimate of what
you should be able to see from your new location?

I could be wrong, but I would say if you are truly getting a 0 SNR, but
a 70-80% signal strength, you could be getting a lot of
electrical/broadcast noise in your location, or multipath, if you are in
an urban or natural canyon.

It's kinda hard to tell if your card is bad unless you can confirm
whether or not you can get the same digital channels on a digital TV.