[mythtv-users] Moving recordings to mythvideo

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 15 02:59:15 UTC 2008

On 07/13/2008 07:38 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 13-Jul-08, at 11:35 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> George Nassas wrote:
>>
>>> Mythvideo doesn't index its files
>> You can manually create the seektable for videos using mythcommflag
>> --video.
> Interesting, I was just looking in the video delete code and notice it
> doesn't try to clear out any video seektable info. I guess that stuff
> will live forever once created.

If the seek data goes into recordedmarkup or recordedseek, it will be
cleaned up by HouseKeeper::CleanupRecordedTables().

If the seek data goes into recordedmarkup or recordedseek, we should
modify HouseKeeper::CleanupRecordedTables() to wait to clean up the data
until the video no longer exists... :)

So, does anyone know, if the data is stored in either of those tables,
what's used for chanid and starttime for video seektables?

If someone who has (very recently ;) run mythcommflag --video wants to
check (as I'm on the road for a couple weeks), the following SQL
commands should show it:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS findvideoinfo
  (chanid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
   starttime datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00');

INSERT INTO findvideoinfo ( chanid, starttime )
     SELECT DISTINCT chanid, starttime FROM recordedseek;

SELECT DISTINCT p.chanid, p.starttime
  FROM findvideoinfo p
  LEFT JOIN recorded r
         ON p.chanid = r.chanid
        AND p.starttime = r.starttime
 WHERE r.chanid IS NULL;

Or, change "recordedseek" to recordedmarkup in the INSERT INTO/SELECT
DISTINCT (2nd SQL command).  (Though you can explicitly drop the
temporary table when you're done, it will be dropped automatically when
you close the connection, i.e. when you exit the mysql command-line client.)

Mike