[mythtv-users] Any way to set default tuner/source?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 15 02:27:15 UTC 2008

On 07/14/2008 07:15 PM, Steve Curtis wrote:
> 2008/7/14 Nick Morrott
>> Delete your Input Connections in mythtv-setup (not your capture cards
>> or videosources), and then recreate them, configuring the input you
>> want to be used first for LiveTV last. So, if you want the DVB-S input
>> to be used last for LiveTV, configure that input first, and then add
>> your DVB-T tuner afterwards.
> Ah, I thought it would be the other way round :-)

It is by default.  If, however, you enable the setting:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

(which most people enable), it works as Nick describes (though things
get a bit more complex when you have multiple backends, one of which is
on the same host as the frontend that's watching LiveTV).

Mike