[mythtv-users] MythTV does not regain audio control.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:10:53 UTC 2008

2008/7/14 Mat Kyne <matkyne at gmail.com>:
> I am having a hard time figuring this one out. I recently upgraded to the
> newest version and was hoping that would help with a problem I have been
> having for a while.
> Here is the problem. Sometimes, not often or predictably, after using xine
> to watch a movie with surround sound MythTV does not seem to regain control
> of the sound card. If i try to watch a recording there is no sound at all.
> If I try to listen to music it is the same story; but if i return to myth
> video and select another movie, the sound works great. A quick reboot solves
> the problem. I can't figure it out. Is xine not letting go of the sound
> card?Is MythTV the problem?

If you're using ALSA, can you check the state of alsamixer before and
after using xine - this way you will be able to see whether xine is
altering the mixer. Which mixer control (master/PCM?) are you using
for MythTV playback?

Are you not able to use the internal player for MythVideo?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/