[mythtv-users] SPDIF audio drop-out problems...

jimsiff jim at sifferle.net
Mon Jul 14 07:49:06 UTC 2008

I'm having problems with my SPDIF connection to my receiver.  When I watch
DVDs, archived videos, and rarely Live and Recorded TV in Myth, I get random
audio drop outs.  I can see my receiver switching from DD5.1 to DPLII if the
signal drops for longer than a few seconds.

I'm running Mythbuntu 8.04.  I'm using a Biostar TN720 mobo w/ AMD 5000+, a
SPDIF header adapter mounted to an expansion slot cover, and a Blue Jeans
Cable 6' 75 ohm coax digital audio cable connected to a Pioneer VSX-54TX
receiver.  I don't think the SPDIF connection is bad, because if I swtich
xine to use stereo over SPDIF instead of AC3 DD5.1, audio is clean.

Any help, tips, or troubleshooting rsources would be greatly appreciated.
This is driving me nuts, and I won't cancel DirecTV until the audio glitches
are cleaned up.

Thanks,

Jim