[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jul 13 19:06:34 UTC 2008

On Jul 12, 2008, at 8:39 PM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Jul 12, 2008, at 9:31 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>> Yes/no: my three TV-channels use mythfilldatabase/tv_grab_nl, the
>>> radio
>>> channels are using EIT, which I turned on after the recent crash I  
>>> had
>>> (using help I received after asking hwo to combine xmltv and EIT).
>>> So before my mythbackend crash (like a week ago) I did not use EIT  
>>> but
>>> did see growth as posted about here.
>> I bet it will be harder to track down/solve if you keep changing
>> settings.
> Sorry, I am using the system a bit.
> And the trend is still upwards, perhaps even slightly worse.
> I can turn it off anytime.

I've been doing Software Quality Assurance for a long time and there's  
nothing more frustrating then trying to track something down to find  
out that the problem has changed because someone forgot to mention  
they changed a setting on the test system. I'm not saying that is what  
is happening, but I'm saying you should avoid that potential problem  
by not changing stuff in the middle of tracking down a bug.

Ideally you wouldn't be tracking down a bug on a production system,  
either. But I guess that's another story - and the reason I leave  
MythTV QA to developers. :)

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list