[mythtv-users] Frontend compile only?

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Sun Jul 13 18:22:02 UTC 2008

All,

I was reading some documentation one a few Wikis... they mentioned had
-disable-backend.   Obviously, that is not in the configure -help
options, so I took a closer look and found it was commented out.  Upon
reading further comments, it sounds like it was used inappropriately,
and possibly building the backend builds other, required, dependencies.

But, a few more searches turned up little... so I am going to ask flat
out:

Is it possible to only build the frontend?  My Xbox is slow and it takes
24 hours for a full myth compile.

I figured this could speed it up considerably.

Thanks!

Jason