[mythtv-users] Dealing with multiple local network affiliates

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jul 13 01:52:45 UTC 2008

Hullo,

    Is there any good way to deal with the multiple
redundant recordings that occur when you can recieve
multiple affiliates for the same network? I live in
DFW so I can get OTA signals from both NBC affiliates.
How can I stop MythTV from recording the same show at
the same time on 2 separate channels?

    Both tuners of my HDHomeRun are recording the same
episode of the same show at the same time. I would like
to prevent this with the least amount of unintended
consequences. Is there a recording rule setting for this?
Can I limit some shows so they only record one at a time?