[mythtv-users] Help setting up a Mythbuntu box

Per Baekgaard baekgaard at b4net.dk
Sat Jul 12 08:49:40 UTC 2008

stuart wrote:
> Can you do an lspci?
Yes, that's what I did initially. Without any modprobe options, it is
just listed as unknown/generic. By putting in modprobe options, I can of
course make it appear as whatever I like ;-)

However, as mentioned, it identifies itself as 1131:7133, which by
definition is a based on Philips chipsets. However, the SSID:SVID of
1a7f:2004 that mine reports is not on this list:

http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/file/tip/linux/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.saa7134

so it appears to be some "unknown" type. The vendor ID (1a7f) appears to
be used on other Encore cards, which is why I asked Encore that kindly
replied as mentioned -- and google seems to confirm that this particular
string could indeed be a version of the ENLTV-FM card of some sort,
albeit I haven't sound anyone with my particular revision.
> Sounds like you have a lot going on here.  And I'm not sure I can help
> with sound (I've had my share of problems).  Have you tried the alsa
> mixer controller yet?  Perhaps, if you are using a digital tuner and
> stereo speakers you may what to check if you are properly down mixing
> multi channel sound to stereo.

Yep, alsamixer has been applied and tweaked as well as a whole array of
other gui and command line based tools. But none of them have any of the
options I'd like to see.

Thanks for your advice,

-- Per.