[mythtv-users] DVB-S: Scan works, but NO_LOCK when watching

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Jul 12 07:16:15 UTC 2008

HI!

I am using 0.21 with DVB-S (Astra 19.2E, Germany).

I can scan with dvbscan and kaffeine.

I can watch TV with mplayer and kaffeine.

I can import channels.conf in MythTV and have lots of channels and I
also can scan existing transports (after deleting the existing channels)
and get lots of channels.

Problem is, I get always NO_LOCK when trying to watch TV.

I have a simple single LNB and I set up in the Diseqc settings;
- LNB
- type Universal (Europe)

I have compared frequency, polarity, symbol rate and channel id for an
example channel (ProSieben) from MythTV channel table and dtv_multiplex
table with the channels.conf from dvbscan and it looks OK. Only the
frequency was off by 750, but changing that has no effect.

My system is Gentoo 2.6.23, Technotrend 1500 DVB-S cards, budget-ci driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a working DVB-C setup and
now with DVB-S, I got those problems (of course I deleted all channels,
video sources and capture cards when switching from DVB-C to DVB-S).

Thanks!

Thomas