[mythtv-users] IR for a frontend.

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:37:24 UTC 2008

Mark A Jenks wrote:
> What would you suggest for a IR on a frontend server w/ no TV card?
>
> I'd like something that could be mounted as far away as 25ft from the
> frontend. (Media closet behind you, not by the TV).
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mark

You might think about trying those IR receivers that then transmit their
  signals to your computer view RF. So you can put an IR receiver near
the TV and then the computer can receive the signal via an RF dongle.
They have IR and RF combo remotes... but they're overpriced from what
I've seen. If you're in the US I've seen those types of remotes at
circuit city.