[mythtv-users] video root -No Files Found

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri Jul 11 23:36:40 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM, stuart <stuart at xnet.com> wrote:
>> Hi...
>>
>> I get this message "video root -No Files Found" on a remote front end
>> when trying to play back video recordings that are nfs mounted on the
>> remote front end.
>>
>> The front end that runs locally to the back end can see the files and
>> play them just fine.
>>
>> Both systems are Debian and are running just about the same versions of
>> the mythfrontend.
>>
>> Interesting stuff:
>> 1) On the remote front end, I can see the files in an xterm and inside
>> of the mythfrontend in the video manager.  It is only in the menu to
>> play the videos that I come up empty.
>> 2) I was able to play back videos on the remote end before.  Since then,
>> I switched from mplayer to Internal player. But it's not clear if that's
>> when the problem started.
>> 3) I am using the Internal player on the front end local to the back
>> end.  That works just fine.
>>

> permissions? and are they in exactly the same path on both setups?

Well, aside from the fact that the group ID is different on the remote
machine for the mythtv login, everything else looks good.  That is, I
can ls using the full path to the video files w/the same command on both
machines and get the same files.  And, I can, as the mythtv user, open
one of the video files on the remote system (using octal dump).

What bugs me is that I was playing back videos several days ago and now
the video files don't show up to be played.  And going back will not be
easy.  I'm just bringing up the new mythfrontend system and have made
more then a couple of changes and OS updates since things stopped working.

Other information:  I also nfs mount music and pictures.  Both mounts
are working fine on the remote mythtv box.

...thanks for your help.