[mythtv-users] transcoding widescreen recordings

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jul 11 22:58:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 02:21:14PM -0700, David Smiley wrote:
> Unfortunately, the "Playback Groups" doesn't let one set the "adjust fill"
> (i.e. a playback aspect ratio) setting.  I'd really love it if it did; it
> must be an oversite by the developers.  Alternatively, I've rigged my setup
> to use a different recording profile.

No oversight.  Playback Groups were never intended for things like
fill modes so I didn't include it.  Personally, I use the letterbox
auto-detection patch I referenced earlier with mythTV-0.21.  I'm
hoping one of the other, more video code savvy developers will
eventually check it out and put it into SVN trunk.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net