[mythtv-users] Skip issues on recordings only - where to look next?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 21:54:50 UTC 2008

2008/7/11 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> On Jul 11, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>
>> Even though I've only had to rebuild a couple of seektables over the
>> years, I can see it might be a useful addition if perhaps there was an
>> entry in the Manage Recordings menu to enable rebuilding of damaged
>> seektables - whether this is based on a user selecting a potentially
>> damaged seektables from their list of recorded programmes (probably
>> the preferred option), or some logic to (slowly) scan all recordings
>> and rebuild bad seektables is up to to implementer.
>
> It would be nice to check the seektable information before playing the
> file. If it looks damaged (some logic to determine if there is an
> appropriate or minimum number of seektable entries for the recording)
> prompt to rebuild it.

Perhaps a reasonableness test between calculated file length (which is
freuquently wrong in this scenario) and recorded file length per the
scheduler. I had a once-in-a-blue-moon bad recording the other day due
to poor signal, and whilst the OSD reported a lenth of 47 minutes
versus the actual 60 minutes it recorded for, the recording played to
the end after I skipped through the picture breakup. I didn't bother
to rebuild the seek table on this occasion (it wasn't that important a
recording), but this would seem to be one sort of logic to apply when
deciding whether to rebuild the seektable. I suppose it should really
happen at the end of a recording rather than before playback - my
recordings are noticeably taking seconds longer to start playback on
0.21-fixes than they used to.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: