[mythtv-users] Myth works perfect! but sometimes it freezes when selecting "Watch Recording"

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:34:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Kevin Robbins <robbinsck1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>  On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Kevin Robbins <robbinsck1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> it might be X...How do I tell for certain?
>>>

>> If I killall mythfrontend.real I get a usuable desktop, so therfor I
>> presume it's myth locking up. Could it be a mysql lock? Is it possible to
>> have two pc's looking at the recording list simulataneously?
>>

> Sure.  Do you have any different settings like video preview enabled on
> this frontend that might cause issues?  Any differences in installed
> packages, versions of qt/mysql, etc?

I can alt+TAB as well so I guess its not X.

Maybe I have to many recordings and the pc chokes when I try to load them.

all th installed software is the same, only thing changed is the amount of
recordings. I think there has been an increase in the failure as time goes
on and the recording number has increased. I cant get either of these units
to work at all opening the recording list. They only have 256m of ram, could
this be it?