[mythtv-users] How to safely stop mythcommflag

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jul 11 16:36:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:14:52AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> > Sometimes I would like to stop mythcommflag from running 'cause it loads
> > up my machine. Just how do I do it safely without disturbing the
> > database tables?

    In general, you can set a "maintenance window" for your jobs so that
they won't be running at other times. I have started to do that and I have
my desktop machine running a slave backend for commflagging.

    I was running into a similar problem. I wasn't nice about it and ended
up having stuff to clean up afterwards. Then I ran into the jobstart/jobstop
settings and that worked a lot better/cleaner.