[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Fri Jul 11 14:36:51 UTC 2008

2008/7/11 AntiCat <mythtv at anticat.ch>:
> The Memory leak I experienced on my mythtv changes between idle and
> recording. If I am recording the leek is about 5-10x higher then in idle.
> (In Idle mode mythtv is scanning my channels for EIT data. I do not
> use any XML grabber as our broadcaster offers 7 Days of EPG on a
> transport stream.)

Similar issues here, Seems to be a leak only while recording, but I
use EIT and XMLTV to mix and match channels. I think I have about
30-40 channels that are EIT.

> Operating System:
> =================
> Gentoo  - Pentium 4 (without HT) 1GByte Ram.
> Kernel  - 2.6.24-gentoo-r8
> TV-Card - Teratec Cynergy DVB-C Card

Very similar here, Gentoo 2008.0, 2.6.24-gentoo-r8, Athlon64 3200+,
1GB Ram, 3 DVB devices, two in active use.

> MythTV Version
> Source: Trunk
> Revision: 17733

MythTV Version   : 17435
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/