[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 11 13:41:20 UTC 2008

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> Dean Harding wrote:
>>> No developer is going to go
>>> out of their way to replicate your environment
>> As if my setup is so complex.
>
> Perhaps you could ask if anyone else here is recording on all multirec
> channels 24-7, using a low-powered machine.

The low-power is not an issue.
Also a different low power machine can't help since valgrind requires CPU.

> You may not believe it, but your situation is very unique.

I just record.

> If you
> don't provide help to the developers, your perceived issue isn't going
> to be resolved.

I thought developers were to help me. It's their code, it's their bug.
All meant respectfully of course.

I will write a new message asking people who experience similar growth
issues to report and possibly use valgrind.

Udo