[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:37:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>> (which I am not convinced of) IMHO its time for YOU to provide
>> valgrind reports if you want to lodge a bug report.
>
> IMHO I wrote that valgrind makes the system not run well, i.o.w. I can't
> use valgrind.

I assumed from the passge I will quote below that you were prepared to
run valgrind on your system

<quote>
About the valgrind trick:
What is the way I am suppsed to run the tool?

`valgrind [insert normal mythbackend command line here] 2>
valgrindlog.txt` ?

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Udo

PS: I am willing to try valgrind for a limited time; I fera the machine
will be slowed down even below normal usable speeds but if we could
catch a leak within say 24 hours...</quote>