[mythtv-users] SD/HD Recording Priority Setup

lindsay.mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 11 03:08:58 UTC 2008

Question re recording priorities which I think I have setup
correctly.

Here in Oz most of the FTA channels just simulcast their SD
content upscaled on HD - often poorly upscaled :) so
obviously I'd rather just record the SD content.

Occasionally some programmes are broadcast as true HD in
which case I'd prefer to record HD instead. The shepherd epg
grabber does a good job of setting the HD flag for those
programmes

So what I've done is set up a +1 priority for all SD
channels and a Global +2 HDTV Priority, so SD will be
recorded by default unless the programme is flagged true HD.
Seems to work fine so far.

Is this the correct way to do this sort of setup?

Thanks,

Lindsay