[mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun - HDHR Error - Network is unreachable after reboot

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jul 10 20:24:43 UTC 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Alen Edwards wrote:

> Thanks Roger,
>
> It sure sounds like you are correct.  I ran an experiment where I shut
> down the backend and restarted it.  In that case it finds the HDHR
> tuners.
>
> I wish I was Linux smart enough to know how to add a delay before
> starting mythbackend.  I am not.  I am not new to Linux having run a
> server for more than a decade but not an expert by any means.
>
> I am running mythbuntu 8.04 and have done nothing to change runlevels.
> My computer is fast, AMD 5400+ so that might make it worse.
>
> Any help on where I can put a delay?
>
> Thanks again for replying,
>
> Allen

Find out where your script is that starts mythbackend. This depends on
your distro or how you have set it up to autostart.
Mine is here:
[mythtv at mythtv rc5.d]$ ls -l /etc/rc5.d/ | grep backend
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2008-01-31 14:41 S99mythbackend -> ../init.d/
mythbackend

This is alphabetically the last thing in my startup directory. Make
sure yours is also the last thing and your network startup script is
above it.

-Brad