[mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun

Nick Gomez nbgomez at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 14:52:59 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Alen Edwards <allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:23:24 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Help installing HDHomerun

This can't be this hard.  People love these things.  Can someone who
loves it please give me some feedback?

I have been able to get both tuners installed and working, just not at
the same time.

I have tried installing this thing about 5 times, completely deleting
everything and starting over.  I carefully followed the instructions on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun
as best I could although the menus are different.  I am probably 3 hours
into installing this device.  These scans take a long time.

I can find the cards and seem to be much better off than the people who
posted that I could find in my googling.  But I still can't get them to work

I have also tried to follow other sequences of installing the cards.  I
have gotten no tuners installed correctly, tuner 0 but not 1, and tuner
1 without 0.  The latest install, following the instructions carefully,
looks like all is well in the backend setup (except channel numbers are
12#0 instead of 11.1), but when I go into the tuner status page in the
frontend I see:
Tuner 4 is Unavailable
Tuner 5 is Unavailable

The best I have been able to do is to get 3 of my 4 tuners working but
never both HDHR tuners at the same time.  In that case, I had air2pc-0,
air2pc-1 and hdhr-0 working.  I reinstalled hdhr-1 and ended up with
that working but hdhr-0 went unavailable in the process.

Sometimes the tuner status page shows Tuner numbers starting with 1 and
one time I had all 4 of my tuners listed (only 2 are HDHR and only these
2 installed last time) but the Tuner number started at 8 with two
unavailable!  No listing for tuner1 to 7.  Maybe I didn't delete all
channels this time but I know I deleted all tuners.  Something isn't
resetting the tuner numbers every time.

The other thing I am getting is that the stations show up as 12#0
instead of 11.1 (11 transmits on 12 around here).  I don't see how the
instructions can work because you are grabbing the channel listing after
installing the cards.  Maybe the problem is just this channel number
thing.  If the cards would find the channel numbers, they would become
available???

So, it this me or do I have bad hardware?  If it is me, what do I need
to do to get these things installed properly?

Allen

I would make sure the tuners are working. Follow the instructions at this link to verify proper HDHomerun operation

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1924