[mythtv-users] Help with UDEV for DVB tuners

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:35:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Nick F wrote:
> > You set me on the right track.  I can create adapter101 and 102 just
> > fine for my 2 DVB-S cards, but I can't figure out a udev rule for my
> > Nova-T-500 which is 2 tuners.
> Sounds like we have very similar problems
> What I would suggest doing is dumping a udevinfo on the Nova adapters to
> two files and running a diff on them, i.e:
>
> udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) >
> adaptor0
> udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0) >
> adaptor1
>
> diff adaptor0 adaptor1
>
> And see what comes up.
>
> Thanks Lindsay,

That's a good idea to do a diff - I was manually looking at the two files.
But unfortunately the only difference seems to be in ATTRS{urbnum} - which
get changed with every boot up.  I wish I could force udev to make them
adapter0 and adapter1, rather than adapter1 and adapter3 - especially since
I now have no adapter0 and adapter2.

Oh well ... at least I've learnt how to use udev!