[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 advice, anyone using WinTV Nova-S2 (ken)

Panachoi panachoi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:41:44 UTC 2008

Wait before purchasing *ANY* DVB-S2 card. There is, as of today, no real
DVB-S2 support in the linux kernel nor in myth (i.e. without patching).

I've had a Nova HD-S2 card for about 6 months, and although it works fine
for DVB-S, I could never get it to work properly for DVB-S2.

I recently got a Technisat Skystar HD2 card, and it works for DVB-S2 and
myth, but only on the 0.21-fixes branch with patches and the mantis driver.
I've been trying to use this to watch stuff from SRG (Swiss Provider,  on
13E) with my Viaccess card, but this has proved rather frustrating --
sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

Stick with DVB-S for the moment, AFAIK there's only 1 or 2 FTA DVB-S2
channels on 13E and 19E anyway.....