[mythtv-users] mythburn.log grow very large

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 9 20:03:12 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Dave Hawkes wrote:
>
>> No, just a regular 2GB mpeg4 recording, it just fills with a warning
>> about correcting a sync error for every frame I think...
>>
>> John Drescher wrote:

>>> WOW! Is this for HD?
>>> John
>>>

> Sounds like a 'bug'. Or if not a 'bug', then perhaps an efficiency issue.
> Perhaps finding the message in the code and commenting it out might be the
> answer, but there might be a bigger issue behind this. I don't know the code,
> any devs care to comment?

Without seeing what the log is saying it's hard to to be sure but I'm
guessing  what you are seeing are the pts and dts inconsistencies errors
from mythreplex which are normal but not to the extent being seen here
though. You usually just see them at the start and around cut points.
It's interesting you say the original file was an mpeg4 which means it
must have been re-encoded to mpeg2 by ffmpeg and mythreplex doesn't like
this new file, I've re-encoded many files using ffmpeg with no problems
but most were mpeg2 to start with. Was it a Myth nuv file in mpeg4
format that you had problems with?

You could try switching to use projectx as the demuxer rather than
mythrelex, just install ProjectX then toggle the 'Use ProjectX' setting
on the settings pages. It's probably a long shot but you could also try
another version of ffmpeg.

Paul H.