[mythtv-users] The new Acer Aspire X1200 - $459, looks great, could be a combined FE/BE

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 04:15:16 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2008, at 8:47 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>
>>> I paid $299 for my Zalman HD-160 (I bought it the day it came out)
>>> and
>>> I've been so happy with it. I was much happier spending the money up
>>> front and not question if I bought the right case down the line.
>>>
>> I am not going to argue that these are not good cases because they are
>> but at these prices I would do much better with a prebuilt system that
>> costs less than $500 for everything.
>
> Absolutely! I don't mind spending a bunch more money than absolutely
> necessary to save me the time of finding the right parts at the best
> price, hoping it works, etc. I like having a nice big quiet case. I'm
> sure lots of people would prefer a very small quiet case.

So you're saying that basically you expect that whatever you buy it's
going to be guaranteed perfect as long as you spent lots of money on it?
No need to do research or consider other options that might be better as
long as you spend lots of money? That probably isn't what you meant but
it sounded a bit like it. In my experience more money hasn't simply
equaled more appropriate for the application.
raphy