[mythtv-users] broken DVD menus with Internal player

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 03:02:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nate Crosno <nate at crosno.net> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:12 AM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:56:50PM -0700, Garrick Staples alleged:
> My myth box generally works perfectly except for DVD menus when using the
> Internal player.  Xine and Ogle work correctly, but the Internal player
> doesn't
> show which button is selected (a "cursor" in DVDspeak?).
>
> I am using current ATrpms 0.21-190.fc9.i386 packages with fc9 and a PVR350's
> X11 driver.
>
> I guess this is a lost cause?  DVD Menus don't work in the Internal player?
>
> They work for me, but I'm running a different distribution and set of
> packages.  I don't know how to fix your problem, but I can at least
> verify that they're *supposed* to have cursors.
>
> Could be a theme issue? Try a different theme.
>
> A little OT, but mine has recently started freezing on still frames like the
> FBI warnings. If I jump to the root menu fast enough sometimes I can get
> past it, other times not.  I think the drive is just on the fritz though.

Mine has been doing the same thing, not on ALL of the FBI warnings but
on many, also if there is an intro video to the menu and then changes
to a static image for the menu it will sometimes go to a black screen
for a fraction of a second and the audio will break up some, often
times the "menu selector" or whatever it is called shows up before the
menu image. Once, the "menu selector did not show up at all but the
default it usually "Play" so I just hit enter and it worked.

I'm also having an additional issue with playback, I think it has to
do with the fact that I'm running my DVD drive in a firewire enclosure
and something to do with buffering and timing. Xine doesn't have this
problem but I can see that it is accessing the DVD differently by
watching the access light on the drive.

Is there a way in the setup to adjust the buffer for DVD playback?

Richard