[mythtv-users] broken DVD menus with Internal player

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jul 8 22:01:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 03:49:53PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal alleged:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
>
> > My myth box generally works perfectly except for DVD menus when using the
> > Internal player.  Xine and Ogle work correctly, but the Internal player
> > doesn't
> > show which button is selected (a "cursor" in DVDspeak?).
> >
> > I am using current ATrpms 0.21-190.fc9.i386 packages with fc9 and a
> > PVR350's
> > X11 driver.
>

> Generally speaking, if it occurs on a specific DVD, create a ticket in Trac
> (svn.mythtv.org) and note the DVD and what occurs.  The maintainer of the
> DVD code is usually very willing to rent a specific DVD on his own Netflix
> account to troubleshoot such issues.

No, it happens on all DVDs.  I've tried a few commercial DVDs and ones created
by MythArchive.

What is responsible for actually drawing the menu cursor?  Since xine and ogle
work fine, I assume it is something specific to how libmythvideo.so is drawing
it.

I don't even know where to start, but I assume this is a problem with the
Internal player and the PVR350's output.  Could it be using OpenGL even though
it is disabled for drawing the mythui menus?

I also realized last night that there is no sound when using the Internal
player with DVDs, DVD ISOs, or straight VOBs.  Everything else plays sound
correctly including Live TV, recordings, AVIs and MPEGs with the Internal
player, Xine/Ogle with DVDs/VOBs, etc.  I have the audio-out of the PVR350
looping back into a sound card.

University of Southern California