[mythtv-users] hauppauge hvr-1800 very low volume

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Jul 8 03:27:29 UTC 2008

genius9976 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I don't think that worked...
>
> [scott at mythback ~]$ aplay -l
> card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> [scott at mythback ~]$ iecset audio 1
> control "IEC958 Playback Default" (index -1) not found
>

> I tried as root and got the same thing...

Well, I think I told you the wrong thing.  I am sorry for the confusion.
  I was going by memory.  I really need to be more careful before posting.

Let's try one more thing:

iecset audio 0
iecset -x

I would certainly expect that you would see this:
$ iecset -x
AES0=0x02,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x02

Because we have the same chipset.

If doing the above allows music to play temporarily, you will have the
same problem as this guy:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2008-March/216382.html

He didn't get a response but his problem may be your solution as you may
not have the same goal he did.

Also, you might write him and see if he solved it.

Since your sound chip is the same as mine by the way.  It is strange it
is behaving differently.  We just need to figure out what the difference
is.  I think you also said you have Mythbuntu 8.04 so that would be the
same as well.

Allen