[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 6 10:02:40 UTC 2008

Stephen Bridges wrote:
> On Saturday 05 July 2008 13:50:57 Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Yes, early figures but similar trends. Maybe, it's too soon to say, we
>> see a higher growth rate. Perhaps due to the EPG I enabled for some
>> radio channels?
>
> To add to this discussion, I started the cron script mentioned in this thread
> on my gentoo amd64 machine.  For revision 17435 from the 0.21-fixes branch, I
> get this in the 10ish days since restarting:

Thanks for the numbers.
Your numbers also show a rising trend (except for RSS in the final sample).
Can some of the developers please explain if a 39% rise of VSZ over 10
days can be called typical for this usage scenario?

> I have two Nova-T DVB-T cards and use EIT.  I use monit now to restart the
> backend as otherwise it crashes every couple of weeks.  At some point I plan
> to recompile mythtv with debugging information enabled to get a backtrace.

The navit project let's navit build with some nice feature:
When the program crashes, gdb is automagically started, providing the
backtrace.
Could this be used for MythTV?

Udo