[mythtv-users] Need help installing video capture card with no tuner.

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Sat Jul 5 17:36:16 UTC 2008

> 3) Input Connection.  There were 3 added, Composite, S-video, and
> Internal/comp.  I only tried to set up S-video
> a) What is Internal/comp anyway???
> b) The S-video screen is asking to scan for channels.  I didn't because
> there are no channels to scan for.
> c) It is asking for a starting channel.  I tried to enter something here
> (like video or 0) but it wouldn't take any input.  I left this asking
> for a channel.

I just thought of this after I hit send.
The starting channel should match one of the channels you put in with the
channel editor.
I'm pretty sure you have to have to put at least one channel in with the
editor, otherwise it can't display a channel to watch and you won't have
anything available for either live TV or scheduling a recording.

P.s. Assuming you are using DirecTV, if your myth box has an internet
connection, I'd reccomend using the DirectTV grabber.  You won't be able
to change channels without an IR blaster or serial connection, but you
will be able to browse and use the search features to find upcoming
programs.