[mythtv-users] TV-Out configuration problem - doesn't work without VGA monitor connected

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 5 23:40:34 UTC 2008

On Saturday 05 July 2008 22:01:06 Fernando Gomes wrote:

The way you're doing it adds a 'clone' screen which copies the main screen. If there's no main screen (i.e. no VGA monitor) then there's nothing to clone, hence no output on the TV. What you need to do is to configure your xorg.conf to use the tv connector - this will involve adding entries to the "Device" section, and possibly some "modes" sections too. I don't know how to do this for ATI as I'm an NVIDIA man, but you could try this:

http://www.kvaes.be/mythtv/the-unofficial-guide-to-getting-your-tv-out-working-on-an-ati-x1250/

Or Google "ati tv out xorg.conf" or something like that.

Mark