[mythtv-users] Software encoders question

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Fri Jul 4 17:53:26 UTC 2008

> I'd like to know what the difference is between the Default, LiveTV,
> High Quality, and Low Quality software decoders is in Myth 0.21 (under
> Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV Settings->Recording Profiles->Software
> Encoders (v4l based).

The difference is whatever you set them up to be.  I'm pretty sure they
are all the same by default, but you can set different aspect ratios,
resolution, audio, etc.

The LiveTV settings get used when watching Live TV.
Any recordings you schedule default to the "default" setting unless you
specify one of the other settings.