[mythtv-users] Migrating HW and from .20 to .21. Concerned about storage groups and import of data

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 4 18:06:53 UTC 2008

On 07/04/2008 11:16 AM, Larry Roberts wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>
>>> I wish that I could say that I did the upgrade as you described, but in
>>> fact I just did an export of the .20 data, filtered for the specific
>>> info I needed and then did a reimport of the new data.
>>>
>> Hmm. I have never filtered the data on any upgrade or hardware change.
>> I just restore a mysql dump and all is well.

That works, also.  The only real benefit to the "new hardware"/partial
restore is that it serves as a "spring cleaning" of your DB.  In other
words, it resets everything to defaults so you don't have to undo the
configuration you did for your previous hardware before configuring for
your new hardware.

> My "fix" if you will was to go in and set the program to record at any
> time on any channel, then go into the upcoming recordings and pick one
> on the channel I wanted and set it to "record at any time on this channel"

That works.

> Everything else I tried created new recording schedules.

That works, too.  In other words, deleting the recording rule has no
effect on recording history or anything.

> The wierd part was that every channel was off by 2, some 2 channels
> high, some 2 channels low, but always off by 2 channels.

All the per-channel rules are configured via callsigns, not by channel
number.  However, they're referenced in the recording rules by chanid,
which means that the channels you created have different channel ID's
from those used in your previous setup.

Or, put another way, the partial restore pretty much assumes that you're
using "any channel" rules.

Mike