[mythtv-users] mythmusic iec958 help

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Jul 4 15:50:28 UTC 2008

> This is a common theme. Do you know of a USB spdif card that supports
> 44.1kHz? Not all of us have space for more PCI cards!
One thing you might think about when you look is that the spdif spec
lists 48kHz but means anything up to that.  You might find units listed
as 48KHz but if you look at them in detail find they will do what you want.

For example, I googled spdif usb and found this unit:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHUCA202

If you look at the specs, you see this:
High-resolution 48 kHz converters for high-end audio quality

You could get discouraged but...

I then downloaded the manual and found this:
Digital Processing
Sample Rate:  32.0KHz, 44.1KHz, 48.0KHz

I am not recommending this store or brand.  It was just the first one I
looked at.  I recognize the brand as a good brand in professional audio
equipment (sound boards, speakers, etc).

Allen