[mythtv-users] Reliable, proven dual-layer burn capable DVD for Ubuntu?

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Fri Jul 4 14:41:59 UTC 2008

Not really off-topic since I'm using Myth to burn all my DVDs!

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable and proven dual-layer burning solution
for Ubuntu? Drive + media.

I've got some el-cheapo DVD drive that came with the machine and it is
claimed to be dual-layer-burn capable and indeed Ubuntu sees that. The whole
mess will dutifully attempt to make one but the result is not quite a
coaster but darn close (it will play crazily for a minute or so but that's
it). To it's credit the drive does everything else fine, but I'd really like
to be able to make dual-layer DVDs.

Thanks,

Scott