[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

lists_mythtv_users lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:22:20 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Upon trying to create an ISO image of two DVB-T recordings I get the error:

I'm selecting the following options:

Select Destination
1) Single Layer DVD
2) Make ISO Image

Select Archive Items
(I select two DVB-T recordings)

DVD Menu Theme
3) Compact

Items Selected for Archive
(The two previously selected recordings appear in the Items Selected for
Archive section)
I've chosen the Don't re-encode option

I then press the finish button and the log view screen appears.  After
the mythtranscode --mpeg2 command has completed the following error
message appears:

ERROR: Failed while running mytharchivehelp to get stream information
from "/mythtv/mythtv/mytharchive/temp/work/1/newfile.mpg"

I've searched the archives and found references to problem with
permissions.  I'm running the archiving job on a frontend that has
access to the mytharchive directory via NFS.  The mytharchive directory
and it's children all have permission 777 and are owned by nobody:nobody
or nobody:nogroup.  The newfile.mpg file mentioned in the error above is
1.8G so there can't be a permissions problem or the file couldn't have
been created in the first place.

Any ideas?

Steve.